RECESS CHECKUP WEEK PLAYWORKSU PROMOTION–OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Recess Checkup Week PlayworksU Promotions (“Contests”) are run in September, January and April. The contest periods are: Monday, September 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM PT, ending on Friday, September 27, 2019 at 11:50 PM PT (the “Contest Period”), Monday, January 27, 2020 at 12:01 AM PT, ending on Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:50 PM PT (the “Contest Period”), Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:01 AM PT, ending on Friday, April 24, 2020 at 11:50 PM PT (the “Contest Period”). The sponsor of this Contest is Playworks Education Energized (“Sponsor”). By participating in Contest, Entrants agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Contest Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all elementary schools within the United States of America where a current principal or teacher for the elementary school completes at least one (1) Recess Checkup and submits to Sponsor during the Contest Period (the “Entrant”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and Contest agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the “Contest Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PRIZES: Three (3) winners will receive one (1) Playworks U subscription (approximate market value or “AMV”: $2000). Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The AMV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated AMV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: Elementary schools within the United States may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by having a current principal or teacher for the elementary school complete and submit at least one (1) Recess Checkup and submitting the completed Recess Checkup to Sponsor during the Contest Period. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. The completion and submission of more than one (1) Recess Checkup by Entrant does not increase Entrant’s likelihood of winning the prize. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. All Entries must be submitted by the end of the Contest Period in order to participate.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period. The random drawing will be conducted after the Contest Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of Entrants participating in the Contest.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information promptly after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within three (3) business days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total AMV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address specified in Section 10 below. Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than ten (10) days after the Contest Period has ended. For accessing a Winner List online, visit www.recesslab.org/rcuweek. The Winner List will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: PLAYWORKS EDUCATION ENERGIZED, 638 3rd STREET, OAKLAND CA 94607; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.